There are many different factors which are important to consider when trying to choose the right blender to buy, each of which have an important impact on its overall performance. The Ninja Blender Plus BL830 and the Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend are two of the most efficient and powerful blenders currently on the market, each with their own set of advantages and drawbacks.
|Blenders||Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend||Ninja Ultima Blender|
|Price||Check Current Price & Discount At Amazon||Check Current Price & Discount At Amazon|
|Power||2 Horsepower Motor 1380 Watts||2.5 Horsepower Motor 1500 Watts|
|Warranty||5 Years||2 Years|
|Capacity||64 Ounces||72 Ounces (3)16oz Single Serve Cups|
|Weight & Dimensions||20 x 8.8 x 7.2 inches ; 10 pounds||10.9 x 17.3 x 17.7 inches ; 14 pounds|
The Vitamix TurboBlend Two Speed blender has quite a bit to offer in terms of its overall features, some of which include:
- 1380 Watts 2 peak horsepower motor
- Large 64 oz. container
- Locking lid design for easy removal
- Tamper tool to make processing thick ingredients easier
- Recipe book containing over 160 recipes
Part of what makes the Vitamix 1782 such a popular blender among consumers is its powerful 2 horsepower motor which is able to handle even the thickest ingredients. It is perfect for making smoothies as well as frozen desserts and hot soups. It also has an extremely durable design which makes it a great investment for those who do a lot of smoothie making as well as other things.
The Ninja Ultima Blender Plus is another choice that those who are looking for a new blender will have. This particular blender is excellent for doing anything from pureeing foods to making smoothies. One of the primary differences between these two blenders is that this one has a slightly more powerful motor, boasting a full .5 more horsepower than the TurboBlend. It too has a lot to offer when it comes to its mixing abilities with special patented Total Crushing blades which are able to puree foods into a smooth and creamy consistency.
Some of the more noteworthy features of the Ninja Ultima Blender Plus include:
- 1500 Watt 2.5 horsepower motor
- High Speed Cyclonic Technology
- 10 different speed settings
- 3 Single Serve Cups
- Total Crushing Blades
Pros and Cons
The TurboBlend has a number of positive things going for it which make it one of the more popular blenders on the market right now. A few of the advantages associated with this blender include:
- Versatility: One of the best things about this blender is that it offers the ability to make more than just smoothies, although it does this incredibly well. Those who purchase this blender will find that making hot soup, frozen desserts, and hot soup is absolutely no problem with the Vitamix TurboBlend. It also has the ability to cream, chop, heat, blend, churn, and much more. It is a really great investment for those who want to do a lot of different things with one machine.
- Durability: The container this blender comes with is made from polycarbonate plastic, making it extremely tough and difficult to break. This also helps with reducing the amount of noise when it is being used, which is a huge plus. It is very easy to wash and does not require a lot of hard scrubbing or odd angles.
- Power: While the motor on the TurboBlend may not be quite as powerful as the Ninja, its 2 horsepower capability is still fairly impressive and it is definitely able to get the job done.
Some of the drawbacks of the Vitamix 1782 Include:
- Price: Priced at around $367, this blender is a little bit on the pricey side, and may not fit into everyone’s budget. It is, however, a good long term investment for many people.
- Sealing Problems: Some consumers that have purchased this product have complained that the center cap has sealing problems and that it does not fit very well over the top hole.
The Ninja Ultima Blender Plus has its own set of advantages, including:
- Wide Range of Speeds: This blender has a number of different speed settings which make it easy to mix and blend just about anything without having to worry about overdoing it.
- Specialized Blades: The special blades in this blender are designed to rotate two sets at one time at separate RPMs, making it an extremely efficient kitchen appliance.
- Ergonomic Design: The ergonomic design of this blender makes it very easy to store in any kitchen of any size.
Some of the drawbacks of the Ninja Ultima Blender Plus include:
- Price: Once again, this blender is not a cheap purchase by any means, but it is a great buy for those who can afford it.
Although there are some striking differences between the Ninja and Vitamix blenders, they both deserve their respective reputations for being some of the best most efficient kitchen appliances on the market right now. Both blenders are highly versatile in the functions they can perform and are also quite powerful, though the Ninja beats out the Vitamix in terms of sheer horsepower.