When it comes to buying a new blender for making healthy smoothies, there are many different choices to explore. The Magic Bullet and the Nutribullet are considered by many to be two of the best single serve blenders currently on the market, and it could be difficult to decide which one to purchase. Both of these blenders have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, and it is important to take a close look at each one before deciding to buy anything in particular.
|Bullet Blenders||NutriBullet NBR-12||Magic Bullet MBR-1701|
|Price||Check Current Price & Discount At Amazon||Check Current Price & Discount At Amazon|
|Power||600 Watts||250 Watts|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
|Capacity||24 Ounces||18 Ounces|
|Weight & Dimensions||12.9 x 9 x 13 inches ; 7.4 pounds||13 x 8.5 x 10.5 inches ; 6 pounds|
|Whats Included||Includes a power base, 1 tall cup, 2 short cups, 1 flat blade and 1 emulsifying blade, 2 re-sealable lids, pocket nutritionist and manual with recipes||Includes power base, 2 blades, 2 cups, 4 mugs, 4 colored comfort lip rings, 2 sealed lids, 2 vented lids, and recipe book|
The Nutribullet is a bit newer than the Magic Bullet, but there are still some things about it that worth baring a second glance. Some of the different features that this product boasts include:
- A 600 watt motor
- Unique blade design
- Cyclonic blending action
- Pocket nutritionist/recipe manual
Although it seems like the Nutribullet has the power to blend together fruits and vegetables quickly and efficiently with its 600 watt motor (almost 400 more than the Magic Bullet), the infomercials make some fairly outrageous claims about what it can do for a person’s health. This blender comes with a power base, two short cups, one tall cup, one emulsifying blade, one flat blade, two re-sealable lids, and a recipe manual.
The Magic Bullet came out before the Nutribullet and has quite a bit to offer itself when it comes to blending power for those who enjoy making fruit smoothies as well as alcoholic mixed drinks. Some of the different features that this product advertises include:
- 250 watt motor
- 17-piece Mixing System
- Settings for chopping, mixing, and blending
- See through body
- Ultra durable design
Pros and Cons
The Nutribullet has quite a few good things to offer for those who want to get the most bang for their buck when it comes to this type of kitchen appliance. A few of the most noteworthy advantages of choosing the Nutribullet include:
- Solid Design: When you first take a look at this product you can see that it has a fairly solid overall design, which is definitely something important to look for in a blender. It does not have a cheap look with a decent weight that is appropriate for a medium-level blender.
- Easy to Use: The Nutribullet has a design which is fairly easy to use and can save quite a bit of time when it comes to making mixed drinks and smoothies in the kitchen. This blender is also known for not making much of a mess, which can be a major problem with other blenders. There are clear instructions on how to use this blender which are outlined in the manual and they are quite easy to follow.
- Power: The uniquely designed blades that the Nutribullet uses make it an extremely powerful and efficient appliance for mixing together fruits and vegetables. The 600 watt motor is also what makes it able to slice and dice whatever is put into it with relative ease.
Some of the drawbacks of the Nutribullet include:
- Leftover Pulp: One of the things that most people who use blenders dread is leftover pulp, and it can be a problem with this one. Those who buy this blender might have to keep a strainer handy to get the extra pulp out.
- Overhyped Claims: Another thing about the Nutribullet that makes it somewhat of a disappointment is the sometimes outrageous claims that the company makes about what it is capable of. Those who are thinking about buying this blender will want to keep their expectations realistic.
The Magic Bullet has its own set of advantages which make it one of the most popular blenders on the market. Some of these advantages include:
- Versatility: One of the unique things about this blender is that it has the ability to make many different types of things, including sauces, salad dressings, smoothies, and much more.
- Power: Although the motor in the Magic Bullet isn’t quite as powerful as the Nutribullet, it still packs a good punch with excellent overall performance. There are a few things to keep in mind when suing this blender though, such as that it’s good to use only small quantities of certain ingredients like cheese at one time to prevent any problems with the blending process.
- Easy to Clean: Another advantage that the Magic Bullet has to offer is that it is extremely easy to clean, so you won’t need to go to much trouble doing this after you make a delicious pesto sauce or fruit smoothie.
Some of the drawbacks of the Magic Bullet that every consumer should be aware of include:
- Ingredients left at the bottom: One of the few bad things about this blender is that it tends to crush all of the ingredients that are put into it at the bottom of the body, which means that it is usually necessary to manually stir until the consistency is ideal.
- Leaking: The Magic Bullet has also been known to have problems with leaking, which is most likely due to the gasket rings which were not properly designed. Although it is a minor annoyance, it can be a big deal for some.
All in all, the Magic Bullet and the Nutribullet are two excellent blenders. With the Magic Bullet you really get what is advertised, whereas with the Nutribullet there are some claims that it simply cannot live up to. Both of these blenders are good at doing different things. The Magic Bullet is perhaps more versatile in the sense that it can efficiently blend a wider variety of ingredients, making it an extremely convenient appliance to have in the kitchen.
Those who are looking for sheer power in a blender might want to consider the Nutribullet, as it does have a significantly stronger motor. The drawbacks of each blender are all relatively minor, though there are some people who will prefer one over the other because of something small that matters quite a bit to them. Overall though, both the Magic Bullet and the Nutribullet are great products to have for mixing a variety of things.